Saturday, March 13, 2010

Wordle

My good friend Jill (whose well-written blog is here) told me about a creative and free tool on the net: Wordle.

You can create word clouds by typing in related words, and retyping the words that you want to be the largest.  Or, as I experimented with, you can have the program scan a blog or webpage to create a word cloud.  I guess I write a lot about racism, huh!

Wordle: blog 2010
(click for larger image)

I like the idea that this tool could create poetry or word artwork.  I'm going to play around with it for sure!

Here's how I see God:

Wordle: GOD 3



Wordle: GOD 2 

Here's someone else's Wordle of the first chapter of "The Scarlet Letter."  
I love how "virgin" is by itself and "human" and "prison" meet up. 
And also that "beetle-browed" is one of the main words!


Wordle: Scarlet Letter Chapter 1

1 comment:

  1. I love what you've done, Sarah!! It's such a neat tool, huh?

    ReplyDelete