Monday, February 15, 2010

Creative Prayer

There are more ways to worship God than just through talking to God through prayer and singing to him worship songs written by other Christians. I've been using art to pray to God for several years. As I make a collage, paint, or draw, I praise the Lord and pray for specific people and needs. Last week in our small group we made collages in prayer to God. Here's one I did that night:
and here's another one:

(click on either image to see larger)
God is creative, and as we are made in his image to glorify Him, I can use the creativity He's given me in prayer and praise. How do you worship God creatively?


There's some great ideas at the "Praying in Color" site.

And here's a video from that site:


And the book she's written:


2 comments:

  1. Again, Sarah, thanks so much for your initiative in getting Credo started thinking differently in regard to worship. Excited to see what God will do!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice video, Sarah. I'm sad I missed Sunday's "prayer workshop". That's really the kind of thing that I like! Thank you for the initiative, I'm sure it was a blessing for Credo!

    ReplyDelete