Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Inc.

Incorporated.  You have to be more than one entity to be incorporated.  Community is what I long for.  A community of writers expressing themselves.  This blog will keep me writing, editing, developing ideas and hopefully it will do the same for you.

I hope for honest feedback on what I have written to make me a better writer and hopefully other writers (a good portion of the literate West) will share what they have written.

There will be prose.  I will summarize some of the essays I've written for class, so that all that time and research does not go to waste. Additionally, the Readers Write section of The Sun Magazine, a magazine devoted to publishing outstanding poetry and prose, has inspired me to write monthly on the designated topic.  For instance for this month (May 2009) the theme is Moving In.  Read what other amateur writers have written.  And then join in!*

And there will be poetry.  You know those break-up poems scribbled in a journal somewhere?  Tear them out and share that emotion.  Hey, it'll be cathergic.  I'll do the same.  
Hope to publish some of that poetry someday?  I will research the major literary journals, indicate the style they most often publish, and their guidelines.  Hopefully it will be a handy resource for the writing community.

My hope for this blog is that it will become not just my own meanderings, but yours as well!

* I will only publish what I do not expect to submit for formal publication, so that it is applicable for publication.  Only send me what you will not submit for publishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment